TEAM LEADER I Male Preferred
Lifting, Transferring and Personal Care is required.
Two gentlemen are seeking an innovative, experienced self-starter who is interested in becoming a Team Leader I. We are energetic and passionate about what we do and are seeking candidates who share our vision, values and commitment to superior service.
Our philosophy is based on the belief that people have a right to experience a quality of life that reflects pride and accomplishment. All individuals receiving supports through Southern Alberta Community Living Association are encouraged to define what their “best life” might look like and how Southern Alberta Community Living Association might support them to achieve their vision for the future.
“Cultivating Relationships, Connecting Communities, Creating Possibilities”
“Vibrant communities where people connect, contribute and are valued.”
As a TEAM LEADER I working with individuals with a developmental disability you will....
...provide on-site supervision to full and part-time staff, in addition to front-line you will provide support, mentoring and guidance
....be a role model in your communication with co-workers and individuals we support and will represent the Association courteously and professionally in all interactions with guardians, other agencies and the broader community
....will support, guide and mentor staff using the tools of supervision, constructive feedback and performance management to further staff’s personal and professional development
...will guide the team in coordinating the support needs of the individuals.
This position is an integral part of the staff team assisting each person to live a full, healthy life, ensuring a variety of opportunities are available to her/ him and helping to maintain independence while providing any necessary physical and personal support.
...will provide guidance and support to staff, shift orientations, coordination of appointments and staff duties, attendance of internal/external meetings, ensure the accurate completion of household/personal banking, budgeting, staff time sheets and expense claims and other applicable agency documentation.
- An understanding that your role is to offer support and guidance, not direction and behavior modification.
- A desire to actively assist the individuals supported by Southern Alberta Community Living Association to live in accordance with their own beliefs, desires and choices.
- A belief that people with developmental disabilities can live self-determined lives in the community surrounded by friends and family.
- An understanding that in order to function effectively as a member of a team, you must take responsibility for your own actions, striving to communicate effectively with the individuals you support, your co-workers and supervisors.
- A willingness to participate in educational opportunities that promote professional growth.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT MUST HAVE THE:
- ability to provide personal care for both male & females
- ability to provide physical supports
- ability to lift and transfer
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in the human services field &
- 1 - 2 years of "front line" supervisory experience in the human services field (including but not limited to: completing performance evaluations, performance management, conflict resolution, scheduling, providing orientations, tracking and approval of time off, chairing meetings and developing and implementing budgets).
- Degree or diploma in a relevant discipline
- Experience in the following is beneficial; lifting/transferring, personal care, medication administration, financial/documentation skills, conflict resolution, active listening skills, team building skills, performance evaluations, facilitating/chairing meetings & conflict resolution skills.
- Experience providing support to individuals living in their own homes & connecting individuals with their community would be an asset.
- Experience with computers is required.
- A member of ADWA would be an asset.
______________________ CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Criminal Record Check inclusive of the vulnerable sector check
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle with $2,000,000 public liability
- Valid Emergency First Aid/CPR Certificate
- The TL will be required to work 3 flex hours per week to accommodate the individuals, meetings, medical appointments, and other administrative duties including the supervisory / support responsibilities for weekend staff.
- The TL is also required to participate in an after-hours on-call rotation of 7 days at a time. The TL will be responsible to respond to staff calls and do scheduling for sick calls outside of office hours.
- Ability to work and be flexible to meet the individuals needs with appointments and meetings occasionally during the day/evening.