Each and every employee at SACLA plays an important role in fostering an environment where our culture reflects positivity, respect, collaboration and creativity. Striving for excellence is a natural way of doing business at SACLA
The Team Leader II, a supervisory position, is critical in leading and mentoring employees and directly supporting individuals. The Team Leader II will be responsible for fostering positive and effective teams by providing leadership through sound communication, supervision and role modelling. The Team Leader II will be a role model in communication with co-workers, staff, individuals we work for and will represent the Association courteously and professionally in all interactions with guardians, other agencies and the broader community that are reflective of SACLA's mission, vision and philosophy. A key responsibility of the Team Leader II will be to foster team building, providing effective leadership ensuring a high level of individual and team performance.
Our philosophy is based on the belief that people have a right to experience a quality of life that reflects pride and accomplishment. All individuals receiving supports through Southern Alberta Community Living Association are encouraged to define what their “best life” might look like and how Southern Alberta Community Living Association might support them to achieve their vision for the future.
What You Will Do
· Review, develop, and implement Personal Support Plans including the use of “My Compass” planning tool.
· Interview, match, orientate, and support Community Support Workers who provide direct support.
· Provide leadership through mentoring, guidance, training, support and feedback
· Ensure Community Support Workers provide innovative supports that are flexible and individualized.
· Recognize the potential and ability of all individuals and provide them with opportunities for continued personal development and life-long learning.
· Support individuals to advocate on their own behalf; and, when appropriate, advocate on behalf of the individual.
· Support, guide and mentor Community Support Workers using the tools of supervision, constructive feedback and performance management to further the staff’s knowledge and skill.
• Support Community Support Workers through regular supervision; ongoing professional feedback; training and development; and, probationary and annual performance evaluations
• Essential Qualities
1. The ability to schedule and match staff to with individuals based on the individuals goals, wishes and decisions
2. A desire to actively assist the individuals supported by Southern Alberta Community Living Association to live in accordance with their own beliefs, desires and choices.
3. A belief that people with developmental disabilities can live self-determined lives in the community surrounded by friends and family.
4. An understanding that in order to function effectively as a member of a team, you must take responsibility for your own actions, striving to communicate effectively with the individuals you support, your co-workers and supervisors.
5. A willingness to participate in educational opportunities that promote professional growth.
“Cultivating Relationships, Connecting Communities, Creating Possibilities”
“Vibrant communities where people connect, contribute and are valued.”
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT MUST HAVE THE:
______________________ CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT