Two gentleman living in their own home, are currently looking for someone to be a companion, and provide supports in their home and community.
As a team member, the CSW strives to communicate in a considerate, thoughtful and attentive manner with their co-workers and the individuals we support. A CSW will represent the Association courteously and professionally in all interactions they have with guardians, other agencies and the community at large.
1. An understanding that your role is to offer support and guidance, not direction and behavior modification.
2. A desire to actively assist the individuals supported by Southern Alberta Community Living Association to live in accordance with their own beliefs, desires and choices.
3. A belief that people with developmental disabilities can live self-determined lives in the community surrounded by friends and family.
4. An understanding that in order to function effectively as a member of a team, you must take responsibility for your own actions, striving to communicate effectively with the individuals you support, your co-workers and supervisors.
5. A willingness to participate in educational opportunities that promote professional growth.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Proof of Full Covid 19 Vaccination is required.
1. All persons 18 years of age, who receive a conditional offer of employment to provide direct support through Southern Alberta Community Living Association, must provide a current, clear Criminal Record Check inclusive of a check relating to the Vulnerable Sector. (A child intervention check may also be required)
2. Valid driver's license & access to a vehicle with $2,000,000 public liability.
3. Valid Emergency First Aid Certificate.
4. Must be willing & physically able to lift & transfer individuals if required.
5. Must be able to provide personal care to both males & females as required.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
1. One to two years - experience in providing support to people with developmental disabilities. Experience gained in other disciplines providing support to people without developmental disabilities may be considered.
2. Education in the field of rehabilitation is an asset, but not essential. Education gained in one of the humanities may be considered.
May include but not limited to: